Thursday, December 17, 2009

my fridge challenge

I have a secret challenge going on in my kitchen where I see how long I can make my food last without having to go to the supermarket. (Mainly because I hate to go to the supermarket) I admit I have done this through out my life and since I've been married and now have two growing kids it has become more difficult to go too long, but I like the meals I am forced to come up with when supplies are "short" so to speak.
Tonight's meal is our last egg and carrot, rice and string beans and 12 frozen shrimp I found in the back of the freezer. This was Brian's plate he gets an extra shrimp since Phoebe is usually only good for 2.
Not too shabby since all that's left is a grapefruit, some bread, half and half and some chicken broth...I guess tomorrow is a shopping day.

No comments:

Post a Comment