Monday, February 15, 2010

Something sweet



I have never been a big fan of Valentines day per say. Mainly because it always has felt like a marketing ploy from Hallmark. I mean don't we celebrate those that we love everyday in the ways that matter most. Being there, listening, laughing, giving hugs freely, making up after arguments, holding hands, kisses goodnight, meals together, smiling, adoring...the list of daily expressions of love could go on and on. So to narrow it down to cards and chocolate seems trite.
But I have to say this year along with the cards and chocolate and beautiful flowers I received from my dear ones I feel grateful of their love in a way that comes like a patch of sun through an overcast day and maybe that is what Valentines day this year is really about for me- extraordinary ordinariness!

No comments:

Post a Comment