Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pickles!


Ok so I thought I would share my refrigerator pickle recipe with you. (YUM!) This is a tweaked recipe from several I got over at cooks.com and we are on my second batch (with more cukes out in the yard). Feedback has been good so far and it's really easy to make. They are mildly spicy and last about 3 -4 weeks in the fridge...so here it is.

I use 4-5 med cukes. we grew the English variety this year and like them very much though they are not traditional pickle cukes.
cut up in slices.
1 red onion cut thin
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. mustard seed
2 tlb pickling salt
put all in a large Tupperware and in the fridge for an hour.

Mean while bring to a boil 1& 1/2 -2 cups white vinegar
Once it has reached boiling point add 1- 1& 1/2 cups sugar
stir til dissolved and cool.

When the hour is up pour over cuke mixture and shake it around a bit. Keep in fridge- they are the best on day 3 at which point I divide into smaller containers and pass around to friends- they will love them too!
Enjoy
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment