Friday, November 5, 2010

Softies for Mirabel

I just got done making this little guy for a charity in Australia that my friend Luise brought to my attention.http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2010/09/fourth-annual-softies-for-mirabel.html
Apparently they get people from all over to make soft dolls and animals to give to kids who are between homes due to their parents drug addiction. Kind and comforting, which I think this guy will definitely be in someones little hands.
http://funde-vogel.blogspot.com/ check this link out to see some of Luise's beautiful photography! Have a great weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG it looks so sweet!
    what a great idea! when I have finished all my knitting projects for christmas, I will make a pet for mirabel with all the remaing wool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. such sweet and kind idea...we all need to share a bit to be able to find happiness...don't you agree?
    e little toy is simply a treasure,some kid will love it to bits.
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lila- and yes I most definitely do agree :)

    Barbara I'm picturing a really stripy creature from all your left over wool..:)

    ReplyDelete