Thursday, December 16, 2010

Art House Sketch book



So you may or may not remember I mentioned awhile back that I signed up to do the sketchbook project by Art House Co op.
They send you a book to fill up and you send it back (filled) and it goes on tour around the states finally to land at the Brooklyn Art Library where regular people can check your book out if they so choose.
Sounds cool right...so I got my book and have been plugging away. They give you a theme- I got "a day in the life"- which I've adhered to loosely mind you. I thought I'd post some pictures since once it's gone it's gone . Unless I get down to Brooklyn and check it out- they gave me a library card too :) cant have too many of those.
Anyway one of the bigger challenges with this particular project is the paper. It's awful and keeps falling out... so I've had to sew a bunch of pages back into the book and any kind of ink or paint bleeds through so that's limited things a bit.
It bothered me in the beginning but I've decided that ultimately ...it's a sketchbook- which to me means a place to work ideas and images out- and in viewing it as such I've been having a lot of fun with it, and assuming I get it finished by the Jan. deadline...I can see the whole of it in Portland ME. when it comes through. Here is the link if you want to see if it comes close to your town...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kirsten, I like your sketches a LOT. They are really awesome. And funny that you mentioned the crappy paper, that was what I wanted to complain about in one of my next posts. Haha.
    Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous drawings/collages! Have a nice weekend! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous! the sketchbook project sounds like a lot of fun {and commitment!!}.
    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete