Monday, January 24, 2011

deep freeze



I can't even believe how cold out it is. It's almost noon and still not even 10 degrees out (I think its -15 C) anyway it's painful to be outside with any part of yourself exposed to the air. As I discovered dropping off my daughter this morning- skipped wearing the hat, not very bright.
We had to stick a heat lamp in with the hens and at some point I'm going to have to go out there and clean them out and fluff up their bedding- brrr.
In the mean time I'm going to keep carrying around this hot cup of tea (my new all time favorite; blueberry green tea by- The Republic of Tea) keeping my hands warm and dream of picking blueberries at the lake in July. Here's to a brisk start of the new week!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. love the photos of the frost...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I spilled the girls' water a bit this morning when I put the heat lamp in. Should be a nice block of ice in there by now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! That is seriously cold, keep dreaming of July x

    ReplyDelete
  4. number 3 makes me think of max :-) ("where the wild things are")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos!!! I love them. And thank you so much for your virtuell flowers, they still smell wonderful and I'm very happy about them! :)
    xx Barbara

    ReplyDelete