Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whew!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or so they say. I feel like my blog has taken the back seat along with many other aspects of my daily life so that I could obsessively work on this painting.
 I have to laugh in retrospect because it looks simple enough but I swear there are at least 4 paintings under this one that I agonized over, ruined and painted white to start again.
 It was a great learning experience to say the least. The motivation for all this was based on the word "choice" and looking at many artists I admire for this online course I'm doing.
Well one good thing about being away from the blog world for a bit is now I get to catch up on some of my favorite reading,  THIS blog of artist Annamaria Potamiti is really worth a look. Off to kick my feet up for a bit :)

5 comments:

  1. oo, i like it! definitely worth persevering with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it tooo! love the pattern above the little deer!
    xx,julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, different styles and atmospheres. Is the yellow part with the bleu drawing new for you? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janien- yes- in fact it's from collages/drawings I've been doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little painting. I am about to white out a painting that I have been working on for months... I understand the struggle. I hope mine will end with as positive results.

    ReplyDelete