Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Out of my mind...back in 5 minutes




That has been my excuse this week. The last few days I have been getting ready to travel with my family to parts south for some sun and fun and a well needed visit with my husbands parents. But for some reason getting ready to get out of the house this trip has been (you'll pardon the expression) a bit like watching me turn into a chicken with it's head cut off.
I'm going to blame it on age (mine) and an uncontrollable urge (crazy) to clean my house  last minute. You know, just in case we get robbed I want things to be neat- don't ask me why.
In any event I am hoping to spend the next 10 days releasing this strange form of myself to the nether worlds and come back as the much calmer more refreshed and inspired person that I really am. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side ;)

6 comments:

  1. LOL... that is so funny! I have that same strange need to clean my house before leaving. Is that so the robber will not think you are messy?

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;)) I also clean my flat before I go away, though I don't do it for the robbers (LOL), but for me coming back to a neat home.

    HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear! Robbers love clean houses, its easier to find what they looking after! Hopefully you've cleaned for youself, so that you are not the same stress again when you get home, but the relaxed atmosphere last as long as possible.
    Wish you a nice trip!
    (your tablepic looks quite relaxed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear kristen, that you turned into a running around, cleaning, headless chicken gives you all my sympathy! wish you a wonderful trip and coming home in a clean house is a great feeling! i guess...
    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, Have a great trip! Who's watching the chickens? (seriously?) I love your needlepoint. Let's get together this spring for some Tea and talk, petting of moss and smelling buds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kind of know the feeling~ it's great to come back to a clean house after a break too! last thing you'd feel like is a big clean up when u get back.
    hope you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete