Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring




We are having an idyllic first day of spring here so I thought I would get some peas and spinach in the ground.
Of course the hens were very interested in what we were doing- all that freshly over turned dirt and sun, they immediately began taking dust baths. Looks like I'm going to have to get going on a fence before they scratch up everything we put in.
Later on we had a flock of wild turkey's pass through and they decided to dust bathe too- luckily not in my garden ;)

3 comments:

  1. How cool! I was wondering if it was too early to plant some peas. I think I will start some too! Love the photos, thanks Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wild turkeys? sounds spectacular!

    always nice to see the PLO. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pure white eggs, i started sowing too, in pots on my windowsill and in the greenhouse, waiting for that seedlings to appear, the joys of Spring, x

    ReplyDelete