Monday, April 30, 2012

Earthy I'm Late!







So the "drawing" challenge for this week- wait I mean this past week- hosted by lovely Patrice!
(whose recent tulip photos will knock your socks off!) is an idea I relate to often.
That of being earthy/earthly. I kind of cheated on this in a way - these photos are pictures I took ages ago, but I did have to unearth them from a book in a box buried under a bunch of stuff- so that counts. ;)
Anyway they have always reminded me of that earthy concept- new top soil- so beautifully dark and the crazy decaying statues- maybe representing our spirit slowly going back to the earth.  The mystery of that.
Plus I love how someone replaced the baby's head St. Anthony is holding with a rock.
Hope your having a nice week so far!

13 comments:

  1. Excellent photos Kristen! You get mega points for having to dig them out! Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Kirsten,

    your pictures move me
    the pose of St. Anthony
    how he holds that baby
    the colors
    I can almost smell that dark
    brown freshly digged earth

    thank you!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course it counts!! this pictures are very very touching!
    i want to invite you for the next theme, i'm the host...
    UNDERWATER LIFE/LOVE
    please follow;) love julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! this is so beautiful!
    i would like to have a print of the first pic.
    you also sell photo prints?

    x
    tatjana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tatjana- I haven't sold photos before, but I can make a copy for you if you'd like :)

      Delete
  5. Love the earthiness & the rock head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like that peaceful thought of the mystery of our spirit slowly going back to the earth.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heaven on earth,
    dear Kristen!
    Wonderful pictures... as old paintings of an old, wise soul.

    Love,
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ia a wonderful post, I love the mystery of the images, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Leena there is such an intriguing mystery to this series of images.

    A really nice post and response to the challenge
    who cares if its late!

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete