Thursday, May 10, 2012

Work in Progress and this Week




This week has been raining raining raining and we all have had a bout of the flu. 
I think today was the first day where everyone was back on track
 and the sun peeked out for a short while.
On the up side not only have things greened up quite a bit outside with all this weather,
it was also not a terrible time to be in bed...and eat (weak) soup, and nap. I even got some quiet time
yesterday while my daughter was ill to work on this painting that has been in limbo for months.
I should really remember to take progress  pictures- it has changed quite a bit, but I feel like I now understand where it's supposed to go. Hopefully it won't be another few months before it's done. ;)

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I love the painting. The band of colors through the center made me think that it was pieced fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend! The photos are wonderful together, and I love the painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shot of your daughter Kristen.
    in your painting i see the four seasons, time gliding by, it's beautiful, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. over here in Vienna we could use some of your rain!

    love the tree painting, very good layering!!

    ;) Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. on the second sight, I just spotted the hidden animals in the trees - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just so love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some paintings take a while to guide us to where they're headed. This one is on its way to being absolutely beautiful! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, glad that you´re feeling better!

    the photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear kristen, this is a wonderful painting!! good to read that you feel better!xox julia

    ReplyDelete