Wednesday, March 20, 2013


Happy First Day of Spring!
If only I could have the raucous bird chorus that is going on
in my neighbors tree while you look at this picture-
Then you may believe me that Spring is in the air!
Even if it hasn't touched the ground yet :)


I've been struggling with a new series of small paintings....


That I hope may work together as a group...


Or on their own...


I'm not quite settled on the play between graphic and abstract background,
but it's a process right.


PS- here are spring pictures from last year and 2010...



Apparently we slept through the spring of 2011...
Hope your having a great Equinox!

6 comments:

  1. Kristen, I think your paintings are working beautifully together! And individually! Happy 1st day of spring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! these are beautiful
    great works
    I like them on their own
    they are strong enough
    and love the first one
    with the darker sky

    enjoy the birds
    spring is coming!

    love
    Patrice A.
    xo


    ReplyDelete
  3. happy beginning of spring!
    we had a lovely warm and sunny day, yesterday, very spring-like.
    unfortunately, winter will pay us another visit over the weekend.
    let's hope we will be hunting for our easter eggs in the meadow, not the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen, I really like the paintings! In the photos, it looks as though a bit of the grey background peeks through the stripes and I think that works really well. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. for what is worth my comment on abstract as opposed to graphic... if you put them together i like 'em in your first proposition, just at first view like that. but they also look good seperate, you know?
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy spring...the birds know! Lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete