Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm Hosting!





The next drawing challenge for this coming weekend June 21-23!
and since it's the Solstice I thought that would be a good theme to work around.

In the Northern hemisphere we are coming up on the longest day of the year...what sorts of traditions
or mind set do you anticipate with the changing season- the mid way point of the year. 
Plans for summer leisure and expansion or gathering and preparing for winter depending on which hemisphere your in...

These markers in the calender ( solstices and equinoxes) have always given me pause to reflect on where I'm going what I've done and what I'd like to do...or better yet who I'd like to be :)

If you'd like to join in the celebration please leave me a comment below and I'll link up to your blog  this Saturday- Remember the drawing challenge is not all about drawing- I think we all love seeing photos, sculpture, books, poems, movies, paintings what ever your heart desires!
Hope to see you then!!

18 comments:

  1. thank you for letting me know about this DC, for some reason i thought it was 'We'. I also take pause at these times of year, they are our planets natural turning points and feel more significant than many holidays to me. I would love to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristen - These photos are absolutely wonderful - the essence of summer blue! I am in for this challenge. Thanks for the invitation! xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! thank you for the invitation. And those pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful, wonderful!
    solstice coming up...!
    gladly.
    n♥
    your pictorial invitation says it all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would love to participate! Thank you for the invitation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dear, I am in!
    Beautiful pics... so summery

    Hugs and kisses
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My head is in the heavens these days so I will be in good company here. Please count me IN. Thanks, dear Kristen! Norma, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please, count me in.
    I love your photos, especially the midlle one!
    BarbaraBee

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear kristen, it is so hard to say no to this, but i have to:(
    i love your pictures too, and i am a little bit jealous because of those sweet deers in your garden!!
    hugs, julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too!!! please. And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm interesting theme Kristen count me in :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear Kristin
    i am not sure yet....
    i was in Finland
    and 21 June is a holiday in Finland
    they will celebrate with big fires
    with friends, preferably on islands
    i wish i was there....

    love
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soo in!! as Patrice writes, it is a huge celebration here, and yes we will celebrate it with our friends by the sea.. but before that I will do my post..

    ReplyDelete
  14. not sure if i can find time but then again such a lovely theme, count me in, i'll make some time for this one, x
    love the blue photos

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be in too and looking forward to your theme!
    Meike ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for the invitation, I am not sure if I will find the time, but I would love to, so could you please count me in with a "maybe"?
    x stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Kirtsen, would love to join in your challenge. I'm not sure I can make it. But still it fits in a few ways; my birthday is 22 june and I'm celebrating my 50...

    ReplyDelete