Sunday, August 18, 2013

D.C "bed and board"


A summer drawing challenge from Ariane with the theme
"bed and board" which had me confounded!!
Image above representing- my brain in that state of dismay :)


next image- my brain looking for the larger more open view of how to work with this theme


and after a bit of cleaning out and focus...


my imaginary bed and table retreat in the tree's


complete with good reading


and a potential guest to share a well deserved bit of R&R
Please visit more variations on the theme at Ariane's blog

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful this little voyage of how you dealed with this obviously not so easy theme... but in the end you came up with charming welcoming solution. I would love to stay there.
    Love
    BarbaraBee

    ReplyDelete
  2. splendid!
    terrific!
    hard-to-let-go-of-summer-that-way entry!!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, its wonderful! Dear Kristen,
    love, how you deal with the theme... you turn it into something very marvellous! I would like to stay there... calmy and cosy... with fresh flowers, kuddly fur and lovely hen... a R&R... or B&B!

    Thank you for playing...

    Love
    xo Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there's a spot I would like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH! I want to come read and nap there! xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect spot for a tea party for a very small number of friends, some reading and some hen watching! Would love to be there!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fine, FINE post
    like others i would like to be there
    enjoying the view, the read
    and the occasional visitor!

    ;^)))

    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, this is SO lovely! What a perfect place to be on a hot summer day! I'll join the hen for a visit, so be prepared! ;o)

    My bead & board was late, but it finally arrived...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The transformation here is remarkable! How I would love an outdoor nook as this. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete