Saturday, September 14, 2013

drawing Challenge - Health



Ariane gave us the theme this week of "Health".
As I pondered on what to do over the week I thought-there are too many things
to include! So many things contribute to our health and well being.
But what dawned on me was that balance is probably the main way we all
regulate (or not) our states of health- weather we are going through a period of sickness 
or vitality balancing our eating/sleeping/exercise/work/play/relationships/peace time 
all are ingredients to overall health.
My little watercolor is a study on balance and the many layers needed to maintain what can sometimes be a very precarious equilibrium.
Hope you have a balanced weekend  ;)

10 comments:

  1. wonderful! love your words and the colors - balance so true!
    Today I wear your beautiful balance study as a necklace.
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Kristen, and if you will allow me, I would add one more thing: love. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes you and roberto are right and I really like your colorful circle of life.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colorful painting
    wich reminds me of the colored bead necklaces of young cancer patients
    where each bead stands for a treatment

    to good health!
    and a fine week
    on tuesday i will announce the new theme ;^))

    love
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristen, it is so spot on! balance is exactly what stunned me as well, in the health debate, and what you come up with here is so talking to me.
    is this a painting, a study? what are your plans with this piece?
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure yet- but I may try a few more and see where it goes :)

      Delete
  6. beautiful balance painting!
    ♥ mano

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kristen,
    what a wonderful watercolor, colorful as life itself! For me it has an effect of 3D and... movement! Well balanced, Dear! Thank you! even for your words, you are so right!

    Love
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes that's it Kristen, finding the right balance in all those things is important,

    beautiful balance and movement(like a dancing circle) in your work, depth and also joy,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete