Monday, October 7, 2013

New Drawing Challenge- "Homage"



I am hosting the Drawing Challenge this week with the theme "Homage"

Homage is a show or demonstration of respect or dedication to someone or something, sometimes by simple declaration but often by some more oblique reference, artistic or poetic.

I was inspired by Stefanie's reference to Meret Oppenheim and thought 
this would be a nice follow up to her theme "cup" 
Of course a homage to someone or something leaves things pretty wide open for interpretation
which is how I like it usually ;)
If you'd like to play along I'd love to have you...please leave your name in the comment and we'll see you on 
the weekend- with your own "homage"

14 comments:

  1. yes, i like the wide open; terrific.
    am humming the tune already, will get back to that.
    and see you on the weekend, you'll find me.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yes I will join this time Kristen. Lots of worthy ones to pay tribute to in my life - we'll see what comes forth on the sketchbook page! -sus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in, dear Kristen :)

    Love
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful theme Kristen with a huge range of possibilities, so yes please count me in! I like the bear very much by the way.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in too, Kristen. Love your bear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to do my homage yes!!!,
    let me think about who!!!!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear kristen

    i love the theme and have so many ideas
    but the headaches returned
    for about two weeks now and they pull me down....
    so
    i do not know yet
    if i can make it

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear kristen, I'm not at home this week but at sunday I'll try to show my homage to...... ?!
    :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, I'm IN! I might be late, but have some ideas. Norma, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. count me in, please!
    see you x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. great painting! count me in too please, x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still belated with my cup, but count me in anyway, please...maybe I'll put both into one, who knows? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. no, it's a bear ;-)
    very lovely work!
    warm greetings from PAris!

    ReplyDelete