Wednesday, December 4, 2013




Over the weekend we were able to visit the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston
(It was a trip about as spontaneous as we get now a days)
 My kids are of the age where I can't just drag them along with out them agreeing anymore.

It was food for my soul though! 
There is an Amy Sillman exhibit there that is out of sight!
I hadn't thought about her work in a long time, and probably have only
seen a couple of her paintings in person- so this was a real eye opener in a sense.

The museum has kid related activities the last Saturday of the month so we lucked out
doubly in that department. On the way home my son told me, when we asked, if they had a good time-
"It wasn't a blast but I had a great time"
and you know what after nearly 4 hours in an art museum with a 7 and 10 year old 
that's a pretty great answer to me :)

4 comments:

  1. isn't that just so, worthwhile answer for sure.
    ah, those wonderful days when i dragged my own son in my trail and he sort of loved it. probs also alot the soft drink afterwards... ;)))

    eye opener, that sillman, i guess i've come to know your art work a little to understand you really love this. so you had a ball. terrific.
    i really also LOVE that first image of yours. so sprightly!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! 1. to see Amy Sillman's work 2. for having such a sweet boy 3. getting over your cold/flu
    Happy weekend to you. xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! the second picture is great!
    :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love the second photo too! Isn't the ICA great. Sounds like the kids had a good time too. I can only say that after years of complaining about being dragged to all kinds of museums, my son now 31 seems to be glad he went. I think your sons answer was a perfect one! :0)

    ReplyDelete