Friday, January 17, 2014



I wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments on my last post :)
and a special Thank You to Barbarabee for spotting a drawing of mine in a
 new book called Freehand-Sketching Tips and Tricks drawn from Art by Helen Birch .

After the initial shock and feelings of foolishness- I managed to find the book on Amazon
and my husband ordered it for me for my birthday today.
 I remember Helen's assistant getting in touch with me over a year ago about using 
that drawing and I admit I didn't think anything would come of it.
Luckily I have some sharp eyed friends ;) (Nadine you too)
If nothing else it's given me a little boost in spirit to keep drawing - or painting- or making what ever.
It's exciting to see all the new projects you all are doing and I am looking forward
in anticipation to what the year brings creatively to us all.
Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Kristen!
    All the best and LOVE to you... hugs and kisses, many :-*
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday, Kristen! What a great surprise & birthday gift! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, happy birthday, dear Kristen and congratulations on being published - I have the book home from the library and will look for YOU!
    xxxooo, sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what a wonderful surprise to find yourself in a book! Congratulations AND happy birthday.

      Delete
  4. a day late
    but
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    may it be a wonderful year
    full of surprises and adventures ;^))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a little bit late in my wishes - Happy Birthday Kristen! What a perfect birthday surprise! Congratulations! The book looks great, and I have it on my wish list. I love your creations in the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete