Monday, January 6, 2014


We have been stuck in a deep freeze here the past few days 
that has been snowy and most uncomfortable. 
I've been wandering around in layers and scarves huddling near a 
fire that is struggling to keep the temperature up, drinking hot tea
and mulling over the direction I'd like to point myself this year.



The end of the year I made the decision to bow out of  Little Hen Studio,
the fabric made shop I started with my long time friend M. in March 2012.
This was a hard decision to come to- but had been eating at me for awhile.
I learned a great deal from participating in creating and helping run Little hen but felt 
the natural course of movement for the shop was going in a different 
direction from where I wanted to be.


Artistically - I'm here with my head in my hands now
 excited and nervous about what I should do next.
It's not the first time I've been in this position...having to trust my own inner compass
so you would think it would get easier...but it's not 
Trust, - a little word with a lot of weight is where I'll start...for now :)

13 comments:

  1. What a cool image, dear Kristen!
    (the first, I wonder what it is?) real artistically.
    My sister lives in Montreal... she has told me by phone how biting cold it is/has been...
    I can imagine
    how hard it must be to come to a decision because of Little Hen.
    To consider what to do with the life time
    indeed with trust...
    and abandon.
    I think you can get the balance right, Dear.
    (the pretty cucurbit... your head in your hands, in dialog with yourself like a view in a crystal ball ;-)

    Stay warm!
    Love
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, i love your wintery photos…..the first one is stunningly beautiful…& the little bird so sweet….I am thinking about all of you up there…..stay warm & yes, …trust…..everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images! They were taken with your great eye and affection.
    Wish you a peace full and happy year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,

    Just getting caught up here and it's always such a treat to see what your creativity has brought forth. Love your recent drawings and paintings, and of course, your photographs are always wonderful! I wish M much continued success with Little Hen, and I wish you success with your plans for the future. I look forward to seeing what direction you take. Happy New Year! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kristen (kikiboo)
    I've missed you on flickr.
    beautiful blog.
    happy new year :-)
    gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kristen - I like your new blog-look and banner very much.
    Trust! Yes that is the word of the day(s) for me as well. And we CAN trust, yes, that we will be pushed, nudged and guided in the right direction by the work itself I think.
    Good start to the new year, my dear!
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
  7. dearest Kristen,

    i know that feeling and am there like you
    wich direction to go.... afraid sometimes and
    trust is THE word
    to read it here made me smile because
    the first sentence i made on the letterpress
    - not finished yet -is about TRUST

    stay warm
    be kind to yourself
    and i like your new look and banner!

    love with a warm hug!
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited and nervous is a great place to be. Best of luck as you launch into the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful, brave kristen,
    i'm so deeply touched by your words and thoughts
    in many ways, i am at the same point and beside trusting,
    i try to be dedicated too, in the meaning of being confident
    about my upcoming way, which i don't see yet;)
    sending you love an shelter, julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kristen, glad you are all good, been thinking of you alot, when watching the world weather reports... Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful images Kristen. and do trust your inner compass it will take you to the right places in time. I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exciting times! I think of the phrase, "Change is inevitable, growth is optional." No matter where you go, you will be mondful, as always.
    Xo Emily T

    ReplyDelete