Thursday, August 14, 2014


Last week a juvenile cardinal flew into our window and knocked himself out!
Luckily my son saw it happen and ran outside to find him- he was crumpled up on the grass looking 
pretty miserable- like in an "Ugh my aching head!" kind of way
see below


We sat with him for about 20 minutes talking softly and stroking his feathers very gently
 We tried to put him down a few times but he was really clamped onto
my Son's hand- it was a treat to be able to see one of these birds up close, and of course
nice to think we somehow managed to help him a little after this crisis...


But I suppose he would have managed fine on his own- he did us the favor of keeping his company
and we had quite a nice chat about if birds see stars when they hit their heads- like in cartoons or not :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen this is the sweetest post....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen! this happens all the time in my house but i had never lucky enough to can have the bird at my hand! maybe birds and children has a good relationship :)
    Have a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee hee... you guys! rock ♪♪ !!!! n♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo.... wauw....
    now that is an adventure!
    x

    ReplyDelete